Search This Blog

Thursday 15 November 2012

The Chronicles: Part One

"the WhatsApp connection"



Come October, and the city of Montreal was flooded with autumn leaves on the ground. To me, it was quite fascinating as I had never witnessed such a breathtaking sight ever. The photographer in me was awakened and I was forced to capture some photographs from my smartphone. Somehow, I wished I had Canon EOS T3i Rebel camera which I have been told has top notch shooting performance. 

The view at Rue Aylmer 


Then I ventured into the McGill campus and took some pictures of the McGill lower field, one of the upper residences and the pedestrian view of the skyline of Montreal.


McGill lowerfield.
Say hello to James McGill


Of leaves, skies and serenity...
Instantly, I whatsapped ( If you don't know what is WhatsApp, then click here) all these pictures to my family and friends back home. That was the time I realised that even though I was miles apart from Karachi, I was still connected with it some way. This was the time where I thanked the Gods of Web 2.0 as technology has made me feel less home sick and spend less time wallowing in sorrows and instead, divert my energies in becoming a part of the multicultural McGill neighbourhood.
I get Harry Potteresque feeling whenever I look at it


Fiddled with the editing tools of Picassa.






























Whatsapp, BBM, Viber, magicJack are some mobile based, instant messaging and voice over internet applications (in case of Viber and magicJack), that allow users to send images, video, audio and text messages to other user - for free. Yes. For free. Does it come as a surprise to me? Partly. But then I understand that we are enjoying the fruits of technology, which keeps on giving. Also these applications will be very helpful to you to stay connected back home if you are an international student like me.

If you have never tried these applications, then download them on your smartphones as soon as possible and enjoy the unlimited possibilities of these applications.

All in all, I could not have asked for a perfect Sunday morning. :D

P.S I am sorry if your web browser crashed due to the size of these images. :D

Till then,
Cheers,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment